Project Coordinator II provides administrative and/or basic analytical support on projects. Representative duties may include: coordinating information flow and reporting, creating and maintaining documentation, maintaining and updating databases, tracking project activities and progress, liaising with project staff and internal/external contacts. Strong Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook skills required. Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills. Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field. 3-4 years of Project Coordinator or related work experience.
As a Program Coordinator focused on Backhaul Network optical fiber and wireless infrastructure initiatives, you will work closely with a broad cross-functional team engaged with operator partners and technology vendors to devise and deploy backhaul solutions to drive down cost and increase capacity. Provide hands-on program and project management during planning, analysis, implementation and post-implementation phases.
- Coordinate multiple project activities and work with cross-functional teams.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Identify dependencies and develop mitigation strategies.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Support communications and coordination through recurring program reviews, project management toolsets and other channels.
- Updating tracking system(s) to ensure that project and/or program status is maintained with complete accuracy (including third party management systems)
- Creating and corresponding relevant information to the team, project or program (both internal and external)
- Assisting with administrative preparation for various meetings
- Keeping track and communicating all issues to management prior to reaching critical status
- Developing and maintaining accurate and complete files for projects and programs
- Providing ad hoc reports, additional administrative support, issue vendor POs, etc. (as needed)
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Four or more years of Telecom Infrastructure or Technology experience.
- Four or more years of experience in Technical/Engineering Program Management and Project Management.
- Working knowledge of Project Management tools
- Experience setting-up and running a PMO including programs and WBS design, metrics definition, measurement and goal setting.
- Detail oriented and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and multi-task to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Cross-functional leadership skills.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Familiar with the basics of fiber and other backhaul infrastructure planning and deployment: route design, construction / civil work, equipment, operations and maintenance.
- Experience implementing infrastructure sharing models (fiber co, co-build, submarine consortiums, and / or tower cos) especially in emerging markets.
- Knowledge of wireless networks basics legacy 2G/3G and contemporary 4G/5G wireless networks: technology and industry developments, spectrum policy, key contributors to OpEx and CapEx and current industry challenges.
- Experienced with managing programs related to optical fiber and other backhaul networks.
- Working knowledge of the end-to-end infrastructure planning and deployment cycle.
- Working on network equipment supply chain and deployment.
- PMI and PMP certification preferred.
- Working Conditions
- Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Over time may be required. No travel necessary and must know immediately if there any H1B Visa issues that will delay employment.