JMA Information Technology* is seeking Senior Web Application Engineer to work under a contract for our leading telecom client in Boston, MA. This will be an excellent opportunity to work for one of top four telecom companies in our country. Period of performance will be 2 months with potential extension after the 2nd quarter of 2018
Our Company’s software developers develop a wide variety of technologies that change how millions of users connect and interact with one another. As a software developer, you work in small teams to tackle problems as we continue to push technology forward. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge mobile product used every day, by people you know. We are looking for passionate, hardworking software engineers who have experience building innovative, mobile applications that customers love. We operate in a fast-paced environment using agile methodology. We encourage innovation and expect developers to take a high level of ownership throughout the software life cycle.
• Working with Typescript and other web technologies to deliver a performant, scalable, and responsive platform.
• Building features and plugins that need to function on embedded, mobile, and any number of other devices.
• Building web applications that need to be integrated seamlessly into both the in-home and on-the-go experience.
• Ability to define Our Company specific requirements and work effectively with other organizations and peer engineering teams on developing, testing, implementing and supporting these requirements for existing and upcoming products
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
• Facilitate good technical designs and solutions based on modern software development patterns and practices.
• Write maintainable code, working in a professional software engineering environment (source control, shortened release cycles, continuous integration and deployment, etc.). Cowboy coders need not apply.
• Work with device/network vendors on issues, log collection, analysis and troubleshooting.
• Support the Device Design, Network Design, Network Performance, Network Validation and Marketing teams for new feature/product launches.
• Support feasibility/analysis for validation of new technologies, products, features, and services. Work with device design as well as network design to formulate development strategies.
• 5+ years of professional web development experience.
• Solid understanding of HTML/CSS and W3C standards.
• Solid understanding of RESTful web services and networking.
• Experience with building responsive application interfaces.
• Knowledgeable about build and tooling systems like Webpack and Babel.
• Able to write maintainable and functionally tested modules.
• Proficient in database storage mechanics and efficient data retrieval.
• Experience with browser and painting performance bottlenecks.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Demonstrated passion for user experience design and improving usability.
• Ability to manage time wisely across projects and competing priorities, meet agreed upon deadlines, and be accountable for work.
• Experience in working with a cross-functional team or large-scale software development life cycle, including waterfall and agile methodologies.
• Welcome change and complexity. Learn quickly and adapt fast. We are looking for folks to lead the charge, not just keep up with it.
• You love learning and mentoring others.
*JMA Information Technology is now a BlueAlly Company