Principle Software Engineer, Back End
Our Company is seeking an innovative and results-oriented Principle Software Engineer to work on back end APIs supporting a device-centric customer experience. This role will be a leading technical member of a growing team of software engineers.
The ideal candidate:
• Is disciplined and regimented, with a zealous focus on consistency.
• Has strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Has a high attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Has experience working within agile methodologies.
• Has expertise with:
o Caching, performance, and scaling optimization
o MongoDB or Cassandra
o Queuing systems
• Develop REST APIs using Node.JS.
• Collaborate daily with product managers, scrum masters, and UX designers.
• Design application solutions to complex problems leveraging micro-service architecture and common design patterns.
• Follow coding best practices including coding standards, peer code reviews and writing unit tests
• Develop and update support documentation
• Provide on-call and after-hours support as needed
• Graduate degree or higher in CS, Computer Engineering, a related field, or equivilant experience
• 10+ years of experience building web APIs