Senior Software Engineer, Embedded
Layer3 TV is searching for an Senior Software Engineer to develop embedded video applications that power Layer3 TV's next-generation cable service.
The ideal candidate:
• Has experience with low-level Linux development including drivers, hardware interfaces, and application development.
• Is comfortable with system-API design and implementation.
• Has developed with adaptive streaming technologies such as HTTP Live Streaming, HTTP Dynamic Streaming, Microsoft Smooth Streaming and MPEG-DASH
• Has knowledge of media content compression methods such as MPEG-2, AVC, HEVC
• Has experience with content protection such as HDCP, DTCP/IP, MSFT PlayReady, Verimatrix, Widevine
• Has technical expertise with:
• C, C++, and Golang
• E2E encryption
• Public key infrastructure
• Ethernet, MoCA, IPv4 and IPv6, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, HTTP(S)
• DOCSIS 2.0/3.0; service flow, channel bonding
• Collaborate daily with product managers, scrum masters, and UX designers.
• Write dynamic web applications using test-driven development techniques.
• Design application solutions to complex problems.
• Advise front-end engineers on UI implementation best practices.
Required Skills & Qualifications
• Graduate degree or higher in CS, Computer Engineering, a related field, or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of experience building web-based user interfaces