Application Engineer II
Are you looking to join a team that builds foundational infrastructure and tools at a large scale? Are you passionate about security, scalability, and availability? Do you want to be a part of an emerging DevOps culture that values quality and speed?
Within the Transactional Services Operations Team, we’re all about inspiration, challenge, collaboration, innovation, and having a say in what you do. Through our energy and passion for delivering highly reliable systems to our customers, we empower our company’s brands to deliver best-in-class experiences for booking travel.
We’re looking for an Application Engineer II who can help us build and enhance our foundation of stability and operational effectiveness. The right individual embraces the opportunity to tackle challenging problems and drives continual improvement. They will also work on the cutting edge of technology, leveraging Kong, ECS, Lambda, Elasticsearch, Docker, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Splunk, AppDynamics, and more.
What you’ll do
• Develop innovative solutions that solve complex infrastructure problems at scale.
• Build foundational tools that enable us to operate services safely and securely, focusing on performance, reliability, and scalability.
• Help our team grow with good judgment, sound decision making, and spreading knowledge.
• Develop best practices that ensure operational excellence across software teams.
• Provide support and consultation for service/network architectures, production incidents, and operational activities.
Who you are
To thrive in this role, you must have…
• 4+ years of relevant work experience.
• A record of continued growth with ever-increasing responsibilities in previous roles.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• A collaborative spirit with the ability to work across disciplines to influence, learn and deliver.
• A strong understanding of computer science and software development principles
• Practical experience with security and networking technologies and principles.
• Extensive experience with Linux administration and engineering.
• Experience building Continuous Delivery solutions with tools such as Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, etc.
• Demonstrated experience building solutions with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or other relevant Cloud Infrastructure solutions like Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud.
• Travel and/or other e-commerce experience is a plus.
Why join us
our company Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at our company Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, our company Cares.
Call to action
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.