Our client seeking a Benefits Manager (contractor) to report to our Head of Global Benefits. You will be focused on the development and delivery of exciting benefits programs and amenities for our new campus as we prepare to relocate our company headquarters to Seattle. You will be heavily involved in program and amenity design, vendor and project management, contracting, communications, and effective collaboration with the many functional areas within the company including Procurement, Legal, Real Estate and Facilities, and external consultants and administrators. This is a hands on position that will involve innovation and facilitation of activities to support the successful launch of these benefits initiatives in a fast-paced and complex global company.
In this role, you will develop and implement relevant and innovative employee benefits and amenities in a collaborative, global team environment.
• Develop, articulate, and execute data driven recommendations for ongoing and new benefits initiatives.
• Conduct research and interpret benefits plan data to assess market appropriateness, cost efficiency, and compliance objectives are being met to support the business.
• Work directly with third party benefits providers to negotiate, design, and implement appropriate offerings.
• Lead simultaneous implementation of programs while planning for and executing on plan for transition of existing programs.
• Assist with planning and support of U.S. benefits annual enrollment coincident with campus move execution logistics.
• Build and execute communications plan for related campus benefits programming; plan, develop, edit, and coordinate dissemination of internal communications to employees, HR partners, and business leadership. Provide communications support related to implementation of new policies program and tools.
• Work collaboratively with Human Resources, Payroll, Legal, Communications, Public Relations, HRIS, Real Estate, Facilities, Finance, Procurement, external benefits consultants, and other key partners across the company; works flexibly as appropriate to fulfill business objectives.
• Coordinate ongoing third party relationships including benefit administrators, carriers/benefits vendors, and consultants.
• Interpret and advise internal teams on benefit changes that impact coverage and business. Provide orientation to teams as required and ensure consistent and accurate benefit information is maintained.
• Address benefit inquiries including employee, HR, and senior management support; effectively incorporate feedback and communicate issues and trends to leaders as appropriate.
• Ensure programs and administration are in compliance with applicable laws.
• Special projects as required including support of other benefits programming, contracting and procurement activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience and certification.
• 5+ years’ benefits design, program implementation, and administration experience in a dynamic, changing and fast growing environment.
• Keen understanding of and relevant experience benefits design and administration. Current with new benefit developments and industry trends.
• Able to balance high volume of work and variety of tasks, and ability to prioritize urgent issues effectively.
• Strong vendor management and implementation skills; proven experience managing contracts and collaboration with Procurement and Legal departments.
• Strong experience in an automated benefits environment and experience with implementation and maintenance of benefits administration technology and tools desired.
• Experience with Workday or other HRIS system preferred.
• Demonstrates a strong sense of cultural awareness, and flexibility to work across time zones
• A diplomatic, relationship builder with strong professional presence and demonstrated ability to both collaborate and influence others.
• Detailed oriented and proficient in conducting research and gathering source material from project partners, technical resources and team members and to use content from multiple sources
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Effectives communicates on a variety of topics with speed, accuracy, efficiency, a dedication to quality and discretion with confidential information. Ability to understand and express complex subjects as clear, concise ideas and share them through audience appropriate collateral.
• Enjoys project management and leading multiple projects from conception to completion, exhibit keen attention to logistics and detail, prioritize assignments effectively and able to shift priorities quickly as needed, work within tight timelines, meet deadlines, and have excellent follow through.
• Skilled at balancing being a teammate with working autonomously in a dynamic environment. Able to work in matrixed team environment, in both individual contributor and team lead roles.
• Embodies a sense of humor, positive attitude, innate curiosity, and willingness to continuously learn
• Excellent Microsoft application skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Sharepoint).
• Some travel required, including local travel between existing and new campuses.
Agile and focused on dynamic mix of innovation and continuous improvement, problem solving, and precise execution; highly collaborative with high degree of subject matter expertise and competence; strong communication (written, verbal, presentation), influence, and project management skills; demonstrated business discernment including being naturally data-oriented, a critical thinker, and operational excellence.