NOC Central Technician I tests and analyzes network and network facilities (e.g., power, communication machinery, software, lines, modems, and terminals). Candidate advises supervisory Network Control positions of network communications failures or degradation and arranges corrective action plans. The Technician performs a variety of skilled routine and non-routine duties and applies standard practices and policies. Additional Requirements: Monitors and analyzes moderately complex network and network facilities (e.g., power, communication machinery, software, lines, modems, and terminals), advises supervisory Network Control positions of network communications failures or degradation and arranges and performs corrective action plans. This is a multi-incumbent position that reports to a supervisor level position. Basic Qualifications include: High school diploma or equivalent, experience using networks and network equipment and knowledge of Excel, Word and other general applications.
***MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN***
****Requires 24x7x365 support so candidates must be able to support flexible hours and schedules to ensure all shifts are covered****
This requisition is seeking:
Wireless Data Infrastructure Front Office Technician
Provide advanced technical support; solving complicated issues associated with system administration, operations, repair and surveillance for multiple data centric platforms in a 24 by 7 environment. Work with other groups on complex issues. Diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures, using established procedures. Complete end to end hardware replacement functions from identification to resolution while ensuring documentation is updated with both Sprints databases and the vendors (if required). Follow document content (Method of Procedures (MOP), job aids, and process improvements) to increase network availability and reduce mean-time-to-restore (MTTR).
* The candidate should have 1-3 years IP network administration experience
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Self-discipline to document and follow up on assignments
* Self-motivation in-order to drive issues to resolution
* Excellent inter- relationship/teamwork skills
* The selected candidate will provide support for multiple national platforms, to include layer 2 and 3 routing/switching, deep packet inspection, policy configuration, supporting servers running Sun, SCO, AIX, HP, Linux and/or Windows operating systems and vendor provided applications in a 24/7 support environment. Candidates must demonstrate strong Routing/Switching networking, UNIX systems administration skills, the desire and ability to rapidly learn new technologies and the ability to effectively manage issues to resolution. Candidates will also demonstrate the ability to prioritize issues, deal with multiple competing priorities, and remain focused in a fast paced work environment
* Knowledge of Unix operating system and command structure
* Basic knowledge of IP routing and protocols
Tools/Systems: Netcool, TRAMS, SecureCRT