Excellent opportunity for a Global Technical Program Manager in Tysons Corner, VA to manage development and deployment efforts of offsite development teams spread across the globe.
Our mission is to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We pride and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the systems we support. We hire results-oriented, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and grow professionally.
This is a temp to perm opportunity. After the first six months and satisfactory performance, you will be hired directly by our client as a fulltime employee.
What you’ll do:
As the Global Project Manager, you are responsible for managing and coordinating enterprise wide development and deployment efforts with offsite teams spread across the globe.
- Be the primary lead or in concert with Project/Program Manager for planning, tracking, and delivering a given initiative; including business, operational, and information technology deliverables
- Available off hours to coordinate and communicate with offsite teams globally that work outside the normal US business hours
- Directs small/medium-scale projects often involving multiple internal and external teams
- Partners or directly manages all aspects of the project life cycle and oversees all phases of a project
- Partners with Product Owners to track Agile development milestones and support Agile practices as needed.
- Collaborate with technical stakeholders, development, test teams, and internal technical teams to design technical solutions and provide detailed specifications that satisfy scalability, reliability, and performance goals.
- Works with team to manage scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed upon time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Understands the decision-making authority of the team and escalates as appropriate
- Develops and validates financial forecasts, cost assumptions, and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
- Defines and tracks project milestones while maintaining and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan.
- Communicates project status and reporting to stakeholders and management.
- 3-4 years of Program Management or Technical Product Management experience in a Java, Micro Services, Web based technology organization, preferably two sided marketplaces.
- Experience managing off site time team globally that worked outside the normal US timings
- Detail oriented, yet able to look at a wide array of choices & identify what truly matters, problem solving skills is a must.
- Ability to look at solutions in unconventional ways, identify opportunities to innovate and execute against them.
- Outstanding problem resolution skills; a passion for data with a rigorous approach to analysis.
- Proven track record in handling multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, prioritizing workload effectively, and thriving in a dynamic and complex environment.
- High degree of competency with project management including, Agile methodology, identifying and managing risks, tracking dependencies and milestones, and communicating overall project status.
- High energy and a positive outlook with the passion to make things better at every opportunity.