Helps to drive the Systems Engineering and design of our company’s End User Virtualization Platforms. Performs feasibility analysis of new technologies, products, features, and services. May be involved in multiple projects and have responsibility for one or more of those projects. As a Senior Engineer, it is expected that this role will play a key technical leadership role, and be able to perform in depth analysis (both fiscal and technical) and design of new features and technologies as well as mentor junior engineers.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
• Roadmap/Vendor Management: Drive vendor Roadmap to ensure our company requirements are adequately met and close any development gaps. Drive vendors for timely delivery of SW/HW and system features per our company requirements.
• System Design: Create network designs to achieve optimum fit and integration. Provide network design documents as required for new system(s) and feature(s) deployment.
• Support Network Validation: Develop lab and FOA test plans for new major releases and key features. Support the feature verification in lab and FOA when design level support is required.
• Feasibility Analysis: Support internal analysis by documenting options and impacts via research and definition of technical requirements.
• SME Operational support: Support the Performance Management, Capacity Planning, troubleshooting and Operational teams for our company Systems.
• Advanced understanding of End User Virtualization Technologies and concepts. Must include strong background in one of the following key areas: Citrix (Xen App/Xen Desktop or VMware Horizon View
• Advanced understanding of load balancers and similar technologies, specifically NetScalers.
• Strong Technical Writing and presentation skills
• Able to articulate technical strategies
• Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
• Strong proficiency with MS Office
• Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to build consensus across teams
• 5-7+ years Technical engineering experience
• Familiarity with multiple End User Virtualization technologies including open source.
• Collaborative SME operational support for network, firewalls, switches, and load balancers not mentioned in requirements.
• Bachelors Degree
• In lieu of a degree, experience within a technology background may be considered.